Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Good bye Tom

Tom is going back to Australia. Some South African mountain biking friends of his organised a weekend in Afan (south Wales), so i fixed my bike and joined them.

On saturday, I really struggled to keep up for the whole 40km we did. But we had good, dry weather instead of the fog/drenching we were promised, and i really enjoyed the day. Here is an image of our ride, recorded by the GPS. Click here to open the file in google Earth, or to download it.



I only had my mobile to take pictures with, the quality is not too good.

At the start:


First breakdown - and only - breakdown:


First long climg, and last time i had the chance to take pictures of the others from the front (!)


First break:


Another break, I'll loose my smile soon:


Near the end we caught up with other friends who did a different ride. Here's Julie:


On sunday, I emptied all the spare layers from my bag to take the bigger camera:





After these 3 pictures i realised i'd left the gps in the car park, so i raced back down and then tried to catch up with the rest of the group, which i did after a couple of hours non stop except for this picture:




A big thanks to Claire and Spike who organised this. I hope to join you for more adventures on wheel next year!

And good luck to Tom on his return to Aus.

No comments: