Thursday, May 28, 2009

I've fixed my JVC GR-D70E camcorder

The poor thing died the first time i powered it up after recharging the battery on my return from Val d'Annivier. I googled, found a forum, identified the fault, fixed it. It's now working again!

The main fuse blew up. It's a 2A, 32V fuse soldered on the main board. Here's a picture:



If you can't see much, it's because it's a surface mounted component measuring around 2x1x1 millimeters. I simply soldered it on top of the original one. A broken fuse is an open circuit, and i thought this would be safer than to try to remove the original fuse and possibly damage the board.

I would like to thank John from the pechorin forum, and Colin who let me use his RS account to purchase the replacement fuse.

My post on pechorin is accessible here

No comments: