Tuesday, February 28, 2006

The joys of international work assignments: Living from a hotel room


It may sound all exiting at first, being sent on an assignment abroad. And it's great, discovering a new culture... There are some surprises of course: power cuts, making me practice touch typing as i can't read the keys right now! The trick is to always stay positive.


One way to positive about all the time spent in the hotel room with very few distractions is to catch up with all the stuff on the computer that got postponed eons ago: tidying the MBA notes, putting colour and adding links on my site, reading old emails...


The one thing that i'm seriously worried about is the lack of exercise. No climbing wall in Delhi i'm afraid! And running outside may not be such a good idea here, with all the dust in the air. I've just about convinced myself that i need to go to a gym. That will be a first! I think i'll try one of these elliptic machines, for a laugh.


I will leave you with a picture of a strange street animal. Is it a wild pig or a domesticated boar?



No comments: