Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Sporty weekend

To prepare for the ski mountaineering week next month, I went on a 32km bike ride near Wildboarclough in the Peak last Saturday. 1150m ascent and atrocious weather, just what i needed - windy, rainy, sleet/hail with sunny spells.





This ride had lots of fast singletrack to start with, ups and down. I manage to get my money worth from my knee pads with a spectacular tumble, flying other the handlebars landing well in front of the bike. My knees still hurt 3 days latter although there's no blood. Strange feeling!



I had been lucky with the weather up to that point, the wind had been pushing me but now it was time for the return leg. Here you may be able to see the weather front sweeping past from the right. I had to cycle right through it.



When the worst was other i stumble upon this burger van. Home made cakes, home made burger, cup of tea. I was ready for the last push up to the start



There it is, the last hill. The car is parked near the building on the right.




Sunday was climbing day, with Mike. It's been a year since the last time we climbed together. We went to Blackrock, and had a warm sunny afternoon cruising VSs:



Cruising? Well we can't see clearly on the picture that Mike had the rope wrapped around his leg there!

No comments: