Sunday, August 30, 2009

Outdoor Instructor no more!

Last Friday was my last day working as an outdoor education instructor at Beaumanor Hall. The instructors gave me this card:



And the ground staff this one:



Let's include this drawing courtesy of Sophie:



I don't have any pictures of the speach: Clive took me to the high rope store, where all the people with whom i worked were waiting. We went to the top of the zip wire tower, and i was presented with the cards and three "friends" (climbing equipment).

We were then invited by the YHA leaders to join their end of the summer camp bbq:



I will miss the pleasure of working in a beautiful place, delivering exiting high ropes and climbing sessions to young people and adults. I won't miss the awful management practice. I'm glad that my last moments in Beaumanor were on the high ropes, in the store and in the cabin furthest away from the beige building and the shenanigans it contains.

No comments: