Friday, August 21, 2009

Tight beam walk

Having spent many a high rope sessions wondering what it would feel like to walk on the top beam,



I finally had a chance to try. Clive had asked me to glue some stamps on the trolleys at the very top, and to try the new harnesses:



Instead of climbing to each of the two trolleys, i decided to gather them in the same place and then to glue them. This worked very well as the caps were glued to the tubes, and i had to slash open the tube. I would not have liked to have to downclimb with open glue tubes in my hands!

It felt very wobbly up there at first:



But i soon felt more confident:



These trolleys are seldom used and were a bit rusty. In fact, the one i was attached to needed pulling along:




Allan and Mark were up there with me. A big thanks to Mark for taking these pictures!



Now glueing the stamps



Then retrieving and threading the tracers:





It started raining as i started to thread the second tracer:



Writing this post made me wonder if "normal" participants feel as stretched on the high rope course as i felt at the very top. I felt exhilarated after walking the beam!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Je n'ai pas compris à quoi tout cela sert mais j'apprécie la performance; bravo !